Friday, October 25, 2013

Vintage Advertisement: Mincemeat/Plum Pudding


Hello.

Today I am sharing a vintage add for mincemeat.



My mother-in-law made an apple pie with mincemeat on it last weekend.
I always thought that mincemeat had to have meat in it,
but it is the fruit and spices used on the mincemeat pie.

It was very good, too.




Here is a black and white version.




Here is an antiqued version.



These ads are from a late 1800's magazine,
so as far as I know, they are free for you to use as you'd like.


Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. I like the antique version the best for this label. Somehow I always thought mincemeat was chopped up bacon. Thank you for sharing..... Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Free advertising does work, and this applies to the many forms of free advertising that are currently available on the internet. Give this form of advertising a try, but post ads free don't neglect to investigate some form of paid advertising when your intuition tells you to.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts! If you have a question, I'll try to answer it.