Saturday, October 12, 2013

Trash to Treasure?


Today I am going to share a simple solution:
an easy fix to a vintage fix.


I love collecting and using vintage things.

One of those things is trash cans.  I think they have so much variety compared to the plastic selection of today.
I like the heavy duty metal ones of days gone by.

They usually aren't very expensive either,
and I have found some fun ones at antique stores.

Finding ones that are lightly used is definitely preferable.
And then a thorough scrubbing with rubber gloves ensues.



 This black one I found looked like it had never been used.


 This pink one, however, had some issues.



 After a good cleaning, it still wasn't looking very good.
Even though it was clean, the rusty inside base was looking
 bad...

really bad.
(I will spare you the picture.)

A great solution is to paint the inside.

A can of spray paint primer and then a spray paint color works well to make it look new again.

I, however did not use spray paint.  
I just used some Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in French Gray.

I did not wax it, just left it as it was after a coat of paint.





Now it is a "new" vintage trash can.


(Please tell me I am not the only one who goes to these measures to collect vintage things.)


Thanks for stopping by,



Linking up with:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! If you have a question, I'll try to answer it.