Monday, October 7, 2013

Artist Quote/Tip: John Sloane




“I am always on the lookout for new subjects”, says John. “Familiar scenes can change dramatically with the movement of light and at different times of the year. There is always something new to be seen. I want to create an awareness of the little things that we often take for granted.”




I admire the work of John Sloane.  I have purchased a number of his calenders
as well as his notecards.

He depicts country life in a way that draws one into it,
like warm apple pie with a mug of fresh milk.

You can view a great selection of his prints if you click 
You will be glad you did.

In one of his interviews I read, he said he takes a walk every morning with his dog and often gets inspired to paint from what he sees.

I need to take this advice.  Walks are so rewarding!

He also said that he spends about 30 days working on each picture he creates,
using real life machinery to draw from and creative elements in choosing the people/props, etc.

His interviews were very interesting to read:
I found I gained some new art perspective from them.

If you would like to read more about Mr. Sloane,
one of the interviews was given >HERE<.
and another one >HERE<. 

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! If you have a question, I'll try to answer it.