Saturday, August 24, 2013

Vintage Image: Woman Working in the Kitchen.




A woman's work is never done.

I've been canning up til all hours of the night the past week:
peaches, tomato juice, blackberry syrup, and now I need to start on the green beans.

I thought it would be fun to share this vintage image, since I am sure she had it MUCH harder than I, with my running water, hot water heater, and stove.

The cat watching her work is something we do share in common.




Here she is in a cleaned up image, black and white.





Here is the image cleaned up and antiqued.



I cropped the image to have just her at work.
It must be chilly in her kitchen because that shawl around her neck looks like it is warm.




Antiqued.



One last image of her a little bit closer.



And I couldn't resist doing an image of just the kitty.




He looks like a sweet companion.



That's it for today.
(Be sure to use any of these images as you wish.)

Have you been busy in your kitchen this season as well?

I think I will head out in the gardens since it is so nice out today.


Thanks for stopping by and have a beautiful weekend!

Linking up to these blog parties:
 Themodestmomblog.com
 Wearethatfamily.com
Raisinghomemakers.com
Savvysouthernstyle.net
Proverbs14verse1.blogspot.com: Wise-woman-linkup
Hiphomeschoolmoms.com
Aboverubies.net
 Time-warp-wife.blogspot.com
 Betweennapsontheporch
Cozylittlehouse.com
Uncommondesignsonline.com
Homestoriesatoz.com
Commonground-do.com




3 comments:

  1. What a great illustration! ! : ) Canning some tomatoes here this week : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope you get a great harvest of summer tomatoes canned! :)

      Delete
  2. Very nice and helpful information has been given in this article. I like the way you explain the things. Keep posting. Garage Door Opener Repair

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts! If you have a question, I'll try to answer it.