Friday, August 16, 2013

Free Vintage Image: Hummingbird in the Sky.


Welcome back, friend!


I was looking through
one of my old books, and I found this image.



I didn't think about it much and assumed they were looking at a plane
until I read the name of the story, "Little Hum," and read the sentence under the picture:
"They thought Hum was very small and pretty, and Hum thought they were giants."


Then I realized,
"They didn't have planes back then.  The skies were quiet and even the streets were pretty still."

Little hummingbird is what they looked out to see.



I cleaned up the image and made an antiqued version of it...



 and a black and white.



Here is the pretty border that was on the last page of the short story,

 
the antiqued version,

 and the black and white.

These are from a late 1800's book, so the illustrations are not copyrighted.

Feel free to make something fun from them.



I am sharing these images at these Blog Parties:






1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. I especially like the borders. Thank you for sharing. I visited from The Modest Mom.
    Have a great Monday!
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts! If you have a question, I'll try to answer it.