Sunday, August 11, 2013

Toilet Paper Rolls Recycled



Hello!

My sister came for a visit last week and asked about a craft I had made in a window
and I thought I would feature it here this weekend.




I got the idea looking through ideas on the web.

This one is fun:
 (She has a great wall of plates surrounding this wall art that she painted as well: you can see it if you click on the link under the picture).




I did this one earlier this year from an idea on the internet.





But these don't compare to the incredible artwork of the gnarled faces made from toilet paper rolls by
 created by Junior Fritz Jacquet
Junior Fritz Jacquet,
Junior Fritz Jacquet,
Junior Fritz Jacquet,



or the intricate cut outs of

I can't imagine the patience!



These simpler crafts are festive ideas for Christmas.





 The Christmas stars in the above picture were inspired by the ones here:
Designspiration.net



 Other great creations here: Camelotartcreations


Annaleeco.com


 This is the one I did,
just cut slices of the rolls,
glued them together in a random design using a glue gun,
and then painted them with acrylic paints with a bit of plaster of Paris mixed in to give it some extra stability.

 




 It is fun to see this window from the kitchen.

 

 There are so many great ideas for such simple things and some pretty amazing artists!


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you had a great weekend!



Linking up to:
Betweennapsontheporch
Theprairiehomestead
Frommyfrontporchtoyours.com
Theshabbycreekcottage.com

3 comments:

  1. Wow...so many great ideas!! Nothing like the old toilet paper tube binoculars I used to make with my kids! :) I'm gonna tweet and pin this. Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing what can be done with junk! I love the faces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Incredible art! Thanks for pointing them out. enJOYed your post.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts! If you have a question, I'll try to answer it.