Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Art Lesson: Sketch Book - Trotting Horse


I took a few pictures of my niece's horse and thought I would give a sketch lesson on it,
since my daughter is constantly trying to draw horses
(I imagine many little girls do).



Notice the legs in these pictures.  They work in opposing pairs: right front leg goes forward, back left leg goes forward. 





Here are some step-by-steps from the sketchbook.

(Tip: I started out drawing the horse's legs from one of the above pictures,
and then switched them somewhere along the way.
 
It helps to only keep the picture in front of you that you are working on;
But then, I am sure you are smarter than that! :).




(I will attempt to draw the steps in proper order from now on.
This was just the way I sketched it into my book.  Sorry if it is confusing.)





(To print this teaching sketch page, click on the image, right click, and then click on "copy".

Open up Microsoft Word and right click on the screen, and then click "paste".
 The image should paste onto the page.

You can then click "print" to use them for yourself or home-school groups, etc, just not for resale.)
If you have difficulties, questions, or suggestions, please let me know.)





Thanks for stopping by!




Linking up to:
Nominimalisthere 
Savvysouthernstyle.net
Madincrafts.com/2013/10/mad-skills-party 
 Funkyjunkinteriors
Minettesmaze.blogspot.com
Themodestmomblog.com
Bystephanielynn.com

6 comments:

  1. Horses have always been a challenge for me to draw. I am looking forward to your printable lesson -thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. I will take the picture (if all goes well) in the morning and get it posted here. Had some frustrations today. :S

      Delete
  2. My older sister was a great artist and her favorite subject was horses. She taught me all these same techniques. What memories. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for sharing this great article! That is very interesting Smile I love reading and I am always searching for informative information like this! horse wall decals

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel it necessary to write a review of this website which I have been a regular visitor of your website for many years. I would gladly recommend this website to someone looking for these kinds of stuff. Thank You!!
    good dentist in tijuana mexico

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big thumbs for making amazing blog. This is the best site. Actually this was an awesome blog post. You have a very inspiring way of exploring and sharing your thoughts. I enjoyed reading your stuff. Thank you !!
    Feature of Sedona

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts! If you have a question, I'll try to answer it.