Thursday, September 26, 2013

My Fall Mantel / Free Vintage Image: Boy Under the Tree


Hey, everybody!

I decided it was time to decorate my mantel for fall 
and wanted to fill in a place on the wall with something of autumn.

I paged through some of my antique books and saw the tree in this one.
I have used this before, but didn't share the image itself,
so I cleaned it up for today's post.

Here it is in black and white.





 Here it is antiqued.








For the space I wanted it to fill on my mantel, I needed for it to be a colored version,
so I colored in an antiqued version with Copic markers.







This image is from a book dated in the late 1800's, so it is free of copyright
and you are welcome to use it for your own projects.


Here it is finished and in an old frame.







My mantel is dressed for fall.




Living on a farm seems to influence decorating:
just can't get away from those cows.




I am drawn to blue touches and I love antiques.
They seem to have their own story to tell.




Bold colors belong in my house as well.
These horses were originally gold and were chipped up,
so I painted them red.





Do you decorate your house for the different seasons?

Thanks for stopping by and...

Happy Fall!

Linking up to these blog parties:


10 comments:

  1. Great fall mantle. I love the pops of blue and red amidst the vintage items.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice ! Love the colors and the antiques. I like how your farm life is nicely reflected in the decor. Love the print.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting mantel. But you really got me with that excellent magazine rack. I did a similar shelf for my bathroom. Now i have to look for another for the magazines. If I can make myself limit the number to what a shelf like yours will hold, maybe I can stem the tide of "stuff" in my house. Thanks for showing your holiday decor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marje. Yes, I find I am constantly trying to "stem the tide of stuff" in my house. :) Especially magazines...why are they so hard to let go of? :)

      Delete
  4. love your mantel....the old books, the blue stoneware pitchers...LOVE......the whole room is very pretty...just found your blog ......and since we live on a farm, really enjoy it.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful mantel display - obviously, full of things that you love. The picture of the boy, under the tree is amazing! You did a stellar job with that. Also, I love a blue glaze on any pottery and adore you pitcher. What fun to see this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Diane. I LOVE old blue pottery, too. :)

      Delete

Thanks for your thoughts! If you have a question, I'll try to answer it.