Thursday, September 5, 2013

Home-made Clay and Progress on my Daughter's Room.


Hello, friends.

I am going to have to ask you to excuse me from an art lesson this week.

I finished the watercolor of the canning jar and rose that I started last week
and was going to go over some of that,
but I have been so busy today...



with some home-school extra activity of home-made self-drying "clay" projects.
(I used the recipe for this dough from >Redfly Creations<).

4 c flour
1 tsp alum
 1 1/2 c salt
1 1/2 c water
Food Coloring of Choice (I used gel colors)




They made some creative little pieces.



I joined in for a few tiny decorations as well.



Also, my daughters' room has been a work in progress for almost a year now.

I painted her bookshelf in the color choices she has been wanting,...



painted up some shelves to match,...


 and painted/decorated the dressers in her room to go along with her new look.
 


The floor in her room was the first one I did when we moved into this house.

The living room floor and floors with rugs that had to be ripped up and done right away made me rush through her floor, so I just painted something right over the top of what was there.
The paint didn't stick well (and I learned one always pays for trying to cheat when it comes to painting something as well used as flooring),
 so it has become quite a mess.




I have had 2 quarts of Annie Sloan Henrietta for several months waiting for me to paint the floor,
and I finally decided today to get it done.


After we had piled some of the stuff onto the bed and temporarily moved what we could to my son's room, I swept and then washed the floor.




Here is is with about 2/3 of the floor painted in one quart of the paint.

I will post some  pictures when it is done, in a week or two.


So I have been very busy trying to get a few necessities done,
but I will post a lesson next week

I hope we can let this one pass.


Thanks so much for stopping and visiting with me.


See you again soon!


2 comments:

  1. I am a fan of aqua and I love how well it goes with the peach and purple colors. Very cute. The dresser came out great. Your daughter must think she has the greatest Mom in the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she does love those colors...as well as lime green. :) She wants me to paint the trunk in lime green! I think it may work though. Thanks for commenting...I'm definitely not the greatest Mom, but she does seem super excited seeing her floor done, so I may have moved up a notch, at least. :)

      Delete

Thanks for your thoughts! If you have a question, I'll try to answer it.