Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Yellow Paint on the Porch


The Daylilies are boasting beautiful colors lately,




so I thought the porch could use a bit of color as well.

The milk jug had been painted a while back using an image from the Graphics Fairy's website
and the charcoal transfer method.


I added some Plaster of Paris to a small can of yellow paint the I had on the shelf
and applied it to the recycled pink metal watering can.
Adding Plaster of Paris seems to give the paint a good grip on most surfaces.
A potted flower inserted in the top has a small dish inside to keep the water from rusting out the watering can.

I then painted an old bucket in the same color.




Sometimes a bit of a left-over pail of paint can add a fun change to a summer porch.


Happy day to you and thanks for stopping by!



Linking up to these fun blog parties:
Marvelouslymessy.com 
Momstheword 
Homemakeronadime 
Bystephanielynn.com 
Keepingitsimplecrafts.com

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I love color!! I'd love to have you share at my party also. What to do Weekends. Thanks and following on Facebook also. Linda

    http://www.craftsalamode.com/2013/07/what-to-do-weekends-28.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts! If you have a question, I'll try to answer it.