Friday, July 19, 2013

Free Vintage Illustration: Sweet Milk Cow and Children.



All week long I have kept on eye on the pasture.
We have a cow who is due to have her first baby at any time.
She is our cow, and this is a first for us, well, for me.
My husband has seen and helped lots of cows giving birth.



Although we won't be milking our cow but just letting the baby have the milk,
I thought this old picture was dear.


I cleaned it up and made a couple different colors of it.




Here is a cropped down version of just the cow and kids.




Finally, because I wanted to use this scene on some cards,
I made a colorized version using my copic markers.


This picture is from a book from the late 1800's, so you are welcome to use it as you like.


I hope to see a sweet little calf out in our field soon.

Have a relaxing weekend
and thanks for stopping by!





UPDATE:
I created these cards using these images and thought I would share some ideas.













4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed all the different treatments of the same picture. I found you by way of Mockingbird Hill Cottage.
    Tana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, thank you for sharing! All of the versions look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet illustration. Have fun with a little calf. How exciting.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts! If you have a question, I'll try to answer it.