Friday, July 12, 2013

Free Vintage Illustrations: Scissors



Let's see which vintage illustration made the cut this week.

There's something about antiques, even simple ones like scissors.
It seems craftsmen really took pride in the products that they made.




 I love the look of antique scissors.


I found this ad in an old magazine from the late 1800's.






 I cleaned them up and made them black and white...

 

 as well as brown.


I also cropped these pretty ones off for individual use
and created some sepia toned ones for an antiqued look.













 If you would like to use any of these scissor images, you are welcome to.


Have a nice weekend and thanks for stopping by.



Linking up to these fun blog parties:
Marvelouslymessy.com 
Funkyjunkinteriors.net 
Tatertotsandjello.com 
Mockingbirdhillcottage.com
Momstheword
Homemakeronadime 
Bystephanielynn.com 
Keepingitsimplecrafts.com
abowlfulloflemons  
 Betweennapsontheporch.net
Theprairiehomestead.com
Themodestmomblog.com
 Nominimalisthere.blogspot.com
Theshabbycreekcottage.com
Embracingchange.com
Raisinghomemakers.com



9 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these lovely vintage scissor images. Love all the detail that went into them and I've been looking for some to buy for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad they are helpful! Thank you for commenting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to have these images! I was looking for some images vintage scissors a little bit ago for a project I was working on. I ended up having to heavily edit one that I found. Wish I had these! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these! Thank you for sharing these lovely pics :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat post! I have vintage and have sold vintage scissors! Pinned:) New follow for your page. follow back at my website:) I posted fabric flower refashion to the Creative Blog Hoppers party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing these lovely images. My, scissors were so much lovelier back then! I will be combing the antique shops for a pair now.

    Big Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  7. As a collector of vintage sewing stuff, I really appreciate your sharing these illustrations. I use this type of thing in my Genealogy blog writing, too. Thanks so much. I do have a few of these in my collection, and use them often.

    Sue CollectInTexasGal~Today's Post~
    Hawaii Cardstock Sticker Shocker

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's very generous of you to share these beautiful illustrations!

    Thanks so much for joining in this week - it's nice to meet you.

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love old scissors and love to think of the women who once used them. How lovely to have found you through a favorite thing. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts! If you have a question, I'll try to answer it.