Friday, May 17, 2013

Vintage Image of a Couple on Bicycles and Another of Children Playing Outdoors.



The warmth in the air has sent us into the shed to pull out our bicycles.

I found this fun image in The Delineator, a woman's magazine from the late 1800's.

I cleaned up the image and made this black and white one...


as well as a brown and white one.


The funny thing is that this was in the advertisements in the back of the magazine.

Can you guess what this was an advertisement for?  I certainly couldn't,
but it gave me a chuckle when I read it.




I have to admit, a Ypsilanti Union Suit is quite a name.

I made a black and white version of the advertisement itself,
just for fun.





 I thought I would slip in one sweet scene of children enjoying the outdoors as well.


 Here is the original, followed by a cleaned up black and white as well as a brown and white version.






These images are free for you to use as you would like.

Do you know how to use these?
  I will share with you how I use images on Microsoft Word later this weekend.

Until then, 
thanks for stopping in, and have a productive and peaceful weekend.


Sharing this post at these fun blog parties:

2 comments:

  1. YPSILANTI UNION SUITS. How quaint and wonderful to be able to look back upon that advertising. Thank you so very much for this "uplifting"? post.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts! If you have a question, I'll try to answer it.