Friday, February 14, 2014

Using a Light Box to Transfer Doodles: Free Valentine Cards.



Happy Valentine's Day!

Today I wanted to share a trick with you that I find very helpful for creating art from sketches.
I do this with some of my kids' sketches as well and make cards with them.



Sketches are often done on any paper that is handy.

I was sitting somewhere and wanted to get my kids' Valentines done,
so I used the paper I had available.



When I was ready to put them onto good paper,
I got out my light box: it is just a plastic box type thing with a light in it that plugs in.





Once I put the drawn image onto the light,
I put the good paper down on top of it.





The image shines through.


 Then I can trace the image onto the good paper.




 Once the image has been transferred, I usually outline it with a fine-tipped Prisma liner
(or any good fine-tipped pen or marker will do).



Here is how the images turned out.

(You are free to use these images as well, if you'd like,
just not for resale.)










Here are some colorized versions that are also free for use.
I did these with Copic markers.


 










 Here is how I used them for Valentines.








The light box is such a handy tool to have around.


Have a sweet Valentines Day!



(To copy these pages, click on the image, right click, and then click on "copy".

Open up Microsoft Word and right click on the screen, and then click "paste".
 The image should paste onto the page.

You can then click "print".
If you have difficulties or suggestions, please let me know.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! If you have a question, I'll try to answer it.