Sunday, February 9, 2014

Heart Art in the Living Room



Hello.

Here are some little touches of art around the home.


A friend's teenage son gave us a piece of artwork he had done as a Christmas present.

I think it is beautiful and perfect for this place above the mantel.




 Thank you, Harrison!




It was a matted piece and I had the little frame that I picked up for a couple of dollars at an antique store.  It looks like rusty metal, but it is actually wooden and the silver paint is rubbing off,
but I like the look of it this way.



Instead of buying a new mat for the picture, I cut a piece of black scrap-booking paper the size of the glass and placed it behind the pretty matted picture.
 I used a glue dot under the back of each corner of the mat and stuck it right on top of the black paper.

Unless a person looks very closely, this reverse matting is not obvious.





With Valentine's Day this week,
I really should have put out some heart decorations.

These are some I made a couple years back.



These are paper hearts that I cut from two-sided scrap-booking paper.  I cut out the same size heart from three different papers and sewed them together down the middle.
They were then folded open to give some dimension.



This simple pennant can be made from old music sheets;
music sheet scrap-booking paper works as well.
The Graphics fairy has free printable music sheets to print up >HERE<.

I then printed the letters and a heart in red, cut them into heart shapes,
and dabbed some glue with sprinkled glitter around the edges.
Each pennant piece was sewn to a ribbon and then tied to the points on the grapevine star.


Have a sweet start to the week!

Thanks for stopping by.

Sharing this post at:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! If you have a question, I'll try to answer it.