Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Free Illustration: Vintage Snow Scene.


Hello, friends.



In my previous post of the Christmas Home Tour,
I mentioned a slate that I had painted using a scene from an old book that I had.

This is the scene above from a late 1800's publication.

I cleaned it up in black and white:



Here is an antiqued version as well.



It is such a great image, isn't it?

I just had to try coloring it in with my Copic markers.

Here are the markers that I used (for Copic fans who are like me and just want to know crazy details like this).


Here is the way it turned out:



The picture turned out a bit dark so I lightened it.

Here is an antiqued version of the photo editor fixes:






I liked it, but wanted a bluer version of it for a craft I was making:




I am making some Christmas cards with this image,
so I kept playing with it in different colors.

Here are the ones I liked best:






You are free to use any of these images as you'd like since the copyright was not in effect in the late 1800's.

I printed up small versions of these and glued them to magnet backing
and then Mod Podged the images.  That way when people get the card,
the picture can be removed and used on their refrigerator, if they wish.






In a day or two, I will show how to paint/draw a simple nativity scene,
like the one I did below on this magnet on a card.






Anybody can do it, so come on back if you'd like.


Thank you for stopping by!



Sharing with:
Chiconashoestringdecorating.blogspot.com
Shabbynest.blogspot.com
504main.com
Jenniferrizzo.com


1 comment:

  1. It was fun to see the image in different color ways.n each one seemed to say something different. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts! If you have a question, I'll try to answer it.