Thursday, December 19, 2013

Christmas Trees from Coffee Bags.




Last year I was desperate for some new winter trees for my decorating,
but I didn't want to buy them: I wanted to create some trees with recycled supplies.
I rummaged through the cupboards looking for inspiration.





I had some empty bottles of paint, found some coffee bags with a pretty silver lining,
 grabbed a few rags from the rag bin,
and heated up the glue gun.




 I covered and glued the old bottles with rag that I wrapped around it.





I fitted and glued a strip of cut coffee bag around the base,
silver lining facing out.




After cutting more of the silver lining into strips, I fringed them;
I glued them in place as I circled the strips around the ragged bottle.
I fitted these all the way up the bottle and finished off the top row to look like a tree top.




 I made another tree with a  second empty, smaller bottle of paint,
and an empty coffee bag
(relocating the beans to a canister).

I followed the same process with this bottle
except the strips for this one were cut into pennant shapes.



These made fun, different trees for my Christmas decor...

without having to buy any supplies to see them made.




 Isn't it great when trash can be turned to treasure with a few snips and drops of glue?

Have you made any recycled decor for your Christmas decorating?
I would love to hear about it!


Thank you for stopping by.



1 comment:

Thanks for your thoughts! If you have a question, I'll try to answer it.