Thursday, June 12, 2014

Art Lesson: Shading Water with Watercolors.



Hello!


Today I am going to post a video I made a while ago and just never got it on the blog.
I was working with watercolors, a picture of a cat drinking from a pond
(it was actually something I was working on for a book I had written hoping to get published,
but have put that on the back burner for now while I am working on something more pressing).



The original picture of the cat had much more detail in the water of the sky and the trees overhead,
but I chose to just shade some of the ripples around the cat drinking and leave the rest whites and grays.


Here I will show you how I worked on shading the ripples.






 That is all I am going to share today.  I do hope to be back again really soon!


I hope this was helpful for somebody.
It is fun to work with watercolors and it seems that the more one works with them
the more confident and fun one can have with them.


Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! If you have a question, I'll try to answer it.