Sunday, June 23, 2013

Recycled Kitchen Canisters: Bright Colors for a Fun Change.


I had a bunch of different clear glass canisters in a corner section of my kitchen counter top,
but something about the way they looked bothered me.

When I saw this set at a yard sale, I knew this would look neater while being useful.



 I looked on the internet and pinterest for canister ideas,
typing in "colorful canisters" and "vintage canister."


There were some fun canister ideas!


 I sanded the wood, just enough to get that shiny gloss off.

Then I painted them with some colors and designs I liked.





After the paint dried, I painted wax on them and let that dry.
I then buffed them.







They fit the spot perfectly and look more orderly than the random variety I had before.


Did you do any fun creative projects over the weekend?

4 comments:

  1. They turned out really cute - nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really cute! What a difference the painted lids make. Thanks for linking them up at Think Tank Thursday. I featured these today.
    http://www.saving4six.com/2013/07/welcome-to-think-tank-thursday-37.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really neat! I love how you "roughed" them up. Thanks for sharing!

    Melissa
    redflycreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts! If you have a question, I'll try to answer it.